1. Everyone is going to want to know “your secret”. And when you tell them the truth (move more, eat less) they’re going to think you’re lying.
2. It’s a lifestyle, not a diet. Diets take the weight off but unless you’re prepared to stay on it forever (and know that the chances of this happening aren’t high) it likely won’t help you. Change things you can live with.
3. Be honest with yourself. Make choices, not cheats.
4. What makes people successful is that they kept going even when they didn’t see results, had a bad day or their weight went back up. Accept that set-backs will happen and know that you will work past them.
5. There will be days when eating [insert food of choice] means more than losing weight and days when [insert activity of choice] will be more important than exercising. It happens.
6. Every day is a new day. Forget about yesterday. Focus on what you can do today.
7. A watched pot never boils. Similarly, stepping on the scale at every opportunity will drive you insane. Find a happy medium (I personally try not to weight myself more than three times a week).
8. Learn moderation. If you love chocolate then you don’t need to do away with it completely.
9. Be realistic and healthy. Starving yourself or binging and purging are not healthy. Your mental outlook is half the battle. Keep it positive!
10. NEVER GIVE UP.